Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 28, 2010, 6:09 PM   #1

Default SX 120 IS Question

Can anybody tell me if this camera has a forced flash. If so,how do I get this to work?
My last two cameras were Fuji and they both had this. When the last one stopped working,about four months ago,I ordered another Fuji that also had HD Video from Walmart. The price was great but the build quality was a joke. It felt like I was holding a toy! A friend has a Canon 120 IS which I liked so that is what I purchased.
I have been considering purchasing the SX 130 so I can have the HD Video. I do own an Aiptek which takes acceptable HD Video but the wide veiw pictures are not of very good quality. Does anybody have the 130 and an Aiptek? If so,is the video on the Canon as good as the Aiptek. I'm thinking it probably is but I don't know if it is as adjustable as the Aiptek.
Thanks for your replys
MFlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2011, 1:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFlanders View Post
Can anybody tell me if this camera has a forced flash. If so,how do I get this to work?
My last two cameras were Fuji and they both had this. When the last one stopped working,about four months ago,I ordered another Fuji that also had HD Video from Walmart. The price was great but the build quality was a joke. It felt like I was holding a toy! A friend has a Canon 120 IS which I liked so that is what I purchased.
I have been considering purchasing the SX 130 so I can have the HD Video. I do own an Aiptek which takes acceptable HD Video but the wide veiw pictures are not of very good quality. Does anybody have the 130 and an Aiptek? If so,is the video on the Canon as good as the Aiptek. I'm thinking it probably is but I don't know if it is as adjustable as the Aiptek.
Thanks for your replys
The video on the SX130 is pretty good, but the camera feels "cheap"
in your hands, and at least for me is hard to hold / use, I took some
pictures over the holidays with it, and was disappointed, but I am still
learning the camera.

I guess try to see it in a store, and give it a good look over.
will1384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 9:05 AM   #3

will-

I like the handling of the SX130 a lot. I think that it has a very good set of features. I borrowed one from a friend over the Christmas Holiday and was impressed with the image quality and the new lens which is quite good.

mflanders-

Yes, indeed, the SX 120 and 130 have a forced flash feature. It is indicated by the single lightening bolt and is easily accessed via the 4 way controller on the back of the camera.

Happy New Year!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:38 PM   #4

I pushed toward the lightning bolt before shooting and the flash does not fire.
Is there another step?
MFlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:00 PM   #5

The SX120's built-in flash unit has to be manually deployed for it to fire.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote