Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 21, 2004, 7:20 PM   #11

I just got my G5 on Monday, and have been playing around with it. I never knew much about photography before, but I'm teaching myself now that I have my G5. Fortunately I havea boyfriend who is very knowledgeable about photography, and lots of books to reference. The G5 is a big leap up from the cheap film point and shoots I've had in the past.

I too noticed that the picture wasn't as great as I would have liked in auto mode. But, half pressing the shutter button makes a difference. I do have a problem with shakey hands, so that's something that will take some training. But even with shakey hands I think my first few attempts weren't too bad.

Following are a couple of things I shot last night (for another purpose). I also took some other pictures that I'll post later, when I upload them to my image hosting site. The other pictures will probably give a better idea of how the camera is functioning.

One problem I immediately noticed was purple fringing. My Christmas tree is still up (I know, shame on me!) so I took a picture of it. When the flash was on I had significant purple fringing. If I turned the flash off that went away, but the image was under exposed.

The colors are pretty accurate, which is good considering some of my needs for the camera.
Dani24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2004, 1:36 AM   #12

Here we go. Here are a few other images I shot with my G5.

This is a picture of one of my hermit crabs peeking out of a larger shell he likes to hide in.

As I said, my Christmas tree is still up. Here's a picture I took the night I got the camera. The purple fringing is very noticeable in the picture. It was taken using the flash, and without the flash there was no CA but the picture was also reddish-brown/underexposed.
Dani24 is offline   Reply With Quote