Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 11, 2002, 7:10 PM   #1
mrc

Default flimsy lens on g2?

Hi, i just got a canon g2 and have a question. The lens (the part of it that extends) is a bit flimsy..i can move it maby 1 mm in every direction, and when i do the image on the lcd moves as well...this feels bad and i think it should be a tight fit with no movement. It feels wrong and cheap. I just want to know if this is the case on all g2s or if i should return my camera for a new one? Please let me know how your g2 is...
mrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2002, 3:02 PM   #2

No mine's the same and so was the Olympus C2040 I had .It's not a problem.

macca
macca40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2002, 3:36 PM   #3
Administrator

Doctor it hurts when I do this (move my lens around manually) ... so stop doing it.

-Steve :P
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2002, 7:16 PM   #4
mrc

Well, the reason i asked is because i noticed this without moving it by hand. When it extends, or retracts, if the camera is not straigt, i get a kind of quiet scraping noise, like the lens is touching stuff its not supposed to be comming in contac with. And if im shaking the camera gently, i hear the lens moving. Of course im not sitting around moving my lens:-) Im just asking because it makes the quality feels cheap.

I contacted the place i bougt it and they said some movement is natural in all optical zoomlens cameras, but maby not as much as my camera, so im taking it in for a check. Thanks for the input, and if you have other comments, please do tell

best
mrc
mrc is offline   Reply With Quote