Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 31, 2011, 2:05 PM   #1

Default Canon sx220

This is not a typo. This is the non-GPS version of the SX230 which has received some pretty good reviews. The sensor and optics should be the same.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any plans to bring it to the US market..do not feel like paying extra for the GPS which I do not want.
tbird2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2011, 5:28 PM   #2

tbird-

There are no rumored or announced plans to bring the SX220HS to the USA. Though just like you I wish the would bring it to our country. $349 is currently the low price at B&H for the SX230.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:40 AM   #3

And it's a shame, really. Panasonic sells two versions of their ZS line, one would think Canon could do the same....
tbird2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:31 PM   #4

I am from Canada and my local henry's.com is offereing it on their website. It's listed at 349 for sx220 and 379 for sx230 canadian.

i have been deciding whether to get the 220 myself or the sd4500. the lack of buttons on the 4500 i am not a fan of but i want which ever one will work best in auto mode...
lin7604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:27 PM   #5

I am looking for a new camera, preferably a Canon. Now I have been reading about the SX220, but I haven't found any information about enlargements of pictures made with the SX220 (e.g. poster format). Can anyone tell me whether it delivers good quality enlargements? Or should I look for another Canon camera (of about the same price)?
Katja is offline   Reply With Quote