Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:12 AM   #11

Eric that is an excellent description of the which camera to choose.

Only thing I might add is how rough are you with your camera. Rebel is all carbon and plastic, 10D has a metal skeleton and mount. The higher up the cost/pro scale you go the more abuse the cameras seem to be designed to take. Not sure about the 1ds but the old 1v even had water proof buttons and seals so it did not mind getting a bit damp
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2004, 9:52 PM   #12

Thanks.

I believe the 1Ds is fully waterproof as is the 1D is as well. I think some of the L lenses are waterproof but not all... but I could have the "not all" part wrong.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:10 PM   #13

New Canon 50D with 8 megapix cmos sensor, new 11 points AF, ISO 50-6400, MRSP $1,299. Available around easter time.

New Canon Pro 200IS, 28-200mm F/2.8 with IS, 8 megapix, high resolution LCD EVF finder, P/S SLR style, MRSP $999, available soon

New Canon 555 flash feature new i-TTL, more copact but powerful, wireless operation.

Do you still want to hear more rumors, I still have plenty :lol: :lol: :lol:
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 12:20 PM   #14

A 200mm with IS? I guess it doesn't hurt... but why? Seems a bit silly until you add a teleconverter to it.

Interesting, it doesn't look like you're describing a 1D replacement. They need to replace the 1D.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 11:58 AM   #15

Eric, I think [email protected] might be 'pulling our chain'......sounds like a total wind up to me in reraction to our 'rumour' sharing......why would Canon bring out an SLR style camera for $999 when they have the DRebel?

[email protected] - where did you hear these rumours? At least mine where based upon hearing something from a Camera store that reguarly holds Canon days with the guys from Canon only being at the shop a month or so before I heard the rumour from the shop......I do like the sound of your 'D50' however....that ties in roughly with what I heard but the:

"New Canon Pro 200IS, 28-200mm F/2.8 with IS, 8 megapix, high resolution LCD EVF finder, P/S SLR style, MRSP $999, available soon" sounds suspect.....what is a "high resolution LCD EVF finder" meant to be anyway?....no please don't answer I'll wait for the official announcement from Canon on that one.
ldunn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 1:19 AM   #16

Default NEW Digitals

One fact from a Canon Tech Rep I know - who says he knows NOTHING about new lenses - I am hoping for a Wide Non-'L' zoom - like the Nikon 12-24 or the Sigma 12-24 or 15-30. But this rep would tell me that the 1D is gone.
"Rumors" I have read on dpreview are:
an upgraded G-5 to an 8 MP camera to compete with the Sony 828
& an 8 MP DSLR & these are rumors "flying". I'd LOVE to see an 8 MP DSLR priced at $1299.00 - I would add it & keep my 300D as well.
Still shooting slides in my EOS-3, but very little print film at all any more, period. Maybe 1 roll a month.
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote