Awesome Clarity and DOF.
is this with raynox d250
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:47 PM   #162

Slyfox: My SX40 arrives Thursday. Haven't posted in Steve's forums since 2007

Forgot what camera I used back, let me see if they're in the archives, lol

Barry
Barry in Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:28 PM   #163

Dancing White Peocock @ Hyderabad, Zoo India.

Flicker link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianoopkumar/6933936142/in/photostream/
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:31 PM   #164

Hello again ianoop,

Really great photo! The peacock virtually pops out of the photo. Have you post processed it in any way? Otherwise, how did you do in order to get the black background?

Oh, and another thing. Thanks for your reply to my previous post. With this camera I have gotten more into the art of shooting pics, so I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

/T.J.
T.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:25 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianoop View Post
@Slyfox
Awesome Clarity and DOF.
is this with raynox d250
thanks. yes with raynox
Slyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:12 PM   #166

http://youtu.be/aKUeuHfI_6k

The Philippine Coucal (Centropus viridis) is a species of cuckoo in the Cuculidae family.
Slyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 3:58 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
Hello again ianoop,

Really great photo! The peacock virtually pops out of the photo. Have you post processed it in any way? Otherwise, how did you do in order to get the black background?

Oh, and another thing. Thanks for your reply to my previous post. With this camera I have gotten more into the art of shooting pics, so I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

/T.J.
yes, I have to... I took this shot through very dense metal grill... and those grills are showing as border so i increased black points in lightroom.
like this one
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:25 PM   #168

Hello all,

Newbie here & this is my first post. I'm not a photographer in any way however after reading many reviews I decided to buy the Canon XS40 & today I went out to my local park & took some snaps. I just love the quality of the pictures! I have noticed that some Macro shots are taken with the Raynox dvr 250...daft question but i take it that the lens is just a clip on the the XS40?

garykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:28 PM   #169

Hi garykey,

Welcome to the forum. I'm quite new here myself, and think it's a great place, so I think you'll like it here.

Good choice of camera by the way... Really nice pictures to you managed to shoot while trying it. Personally, I think the SX40 HS is a fun camera, and quite versatile too, in that you can grow with it, if you want to.

Now to your question about Raynox dcr-250...I haven't used the lens myself, but since I may add some lenses and filters to my kit later on, I looked it up, to learn more about it. I think this link will be of interest for you. On the pictures of the camera with the added lens, you see how it's fastened to to camera. This site also explains more in detail how it's used.
http://www.shewsbury.com/2010/09/ama...250-macro.html
At that site, there is also a link which will take you to a review of the Raynox.

Hope this will help.

/T.J.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:42 PM   #170

Hello again ianoop,

Sorry for not having replied earlier, but it isn't for lack of trying. You see, last time I tried, I only got a blank page when sending it, and then after waiting for a while, thinking it was a slow connection I got "Oops, Error 404". So, this being my first visit to this site after that, (having been busy with other things, birthday for example), I'll reply now instead.

Thanks for your reply. Really interesting to get to know how pictures are taken.

A couple of days ago, I browsed a photography book by Tom Ang, and he mentioned "dark light" (direct translation by me). It was made in macro by underexposing the picture, by -2 EV, making the background dark, and only the most bright colors stand out in the motif. Anyway, it occurred to me that your photo looked a lot like that one.

Seeing what results that is possible, I have to look into how to use postprocessing too. Just adds to the fun. Thanks again for your reply and explaining how you get your results. You really know how to get the most out of your photos.I really appreciate your help.

/T.J.