Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 14, 2002, 8:28 PM   #1

Default S200 or S330 ???

happy vacation everyone !

am considering a 2nd /very/ portable digi camera, plus a snappy design, which would increase digi-affection (?) and zoom is a must .

Minolta F100 was also a candidate until I found out it uses SmartMedia instead of CompactFLASH, which I intend to juggle w/ my other Nikon 5700 .

am aware the basic difference is : smaller size of the former vs. 3X zoom of the latter .

would appreciate recommendations from users who would certainly have pondered over the same question before purchase .. or even other models R welcome TIA
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2002, 1:45 AM   #2

ill go for the Cannon S330
mdorani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2002, 12:20 PM   #3

Default I got the S330

as a second camera (my regular opne is a D30).

I've had it for less than a week but I like it.

THe 3X zoom made the difference between it and the S200 a no-brainer for me, but I also liked the larger size.

I considered other CF compatible models, but the price was right, and I am already very familiar with Canons.

I previously had a Nikon 775 which got stolen, and really liked it too. In fact if it had a metal body I might just have gone with it....but the S330 is exactly what I was looking for.

[Edited on 8-15-2002 by RobertG]
RobertG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2002, 5:03 PM   #4

thx RobertG, you "liked the larger size" ? .. hmm a new perspective !
I got my G2 stolen too . perhaps a site for that "what if .." thought still lingering on my mind .. aughhh ~
Old Aug 21, 2002, 12:49 AM   #5

Default hmmmmm.....

I had purchased a Kodak DX3600 which I ended up returning. It took quality pictures, but had severe battery life issues and felt kind of "cheap".

I ended up replacing it with a Canon S330. My brother bought a S110 last year, which is a bit smaller like the S200, and I was extremely impressed with it.

Although the S330 is a bit larger (but still plenty compact), it is packed with a whole lot of useful features. I agree with RobertG that the 3x optical vs. 2x optical is a no-brainer. Digital zoom on a 2 mp camera can really hurt your picture quality, so optical zoom is key!

Don't waste another moment...go with the S330. Also, do yourself a favor and buy at least a 128 mb CF card (I bought a Viking 256 mb card), since the 8 mb card that comes with the camera is all but worthless.
rileylouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2002, 1:55 PM   #6

re : rileylouis
>"Don't waste another moment...go with the S330"

U, the Man ~