Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 24, 2004, 6:32 PM   #1

Default G2 Tell me i will be happy!!!

I just odered a refurb G2. Will someone with the G2 tell me how happy i will be?? I want this to go along with my A80 which i very much love. I would like to hear from the G2 owners about the good and bad points of this camera. THANK You for your time in answering this.Tealblue
tealblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2004, 7:29 AM   #2

Default G2

I`ve had mine for 1 1/2 years and take wedding photos, vacation photos etc. This has been a great camera. I`m new to photography so started out in Auto mode and now am experimenting with various manual settings. Theis month I purchased a Speedlite 420ex flash and this opens up a whole new world. I think you would enjoy this camera- the only slight drawback I can think of, and this is occassional, is using the autofocus when in darkness.
johnny999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 7:41 AM   #3

To Johnny999 Thank you for the reply. Your post makes me feel better that i have ordered this unit. Please tell me how well does the 420ex work on this camera and how hard is it to use,its next on my list to get. Thanks again for the answer to my post.ANYONE else have a answer to my post??????
Old Jan 26, 2004, 9:51 AM   #4

Default G2 and 420EX

The 420ex does a great job and you can start by using the camera in Auto mode. I particularly like the bounce feature.
johnny999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 12:10 PM   #5

I bought one last December(Christmas present to myself) (i'm 15
anyway....i am EXTREMELY happy with it.....it is a great camera!
you should be pleased with it......i can't really think of any downpoints right now.......ahh got one.....the arperture doesn't go too high and low (only 2.8 to 8.0 i think) and the fastest shutter is 1/1000 (which isn't bad i've just seen better)
well that's all.....enjoy it
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 1:43 PM   #6

To photosbyvito. Thank you very much for your time in reading/answering my post. I hope others will also answer.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:06 AM   #7

Hey teal, you will not be disappointed by your latest purchase. I've had my G2 for 5 months and I am very pleased. But then again, don't take my words for it. Instead let me show you what the G2 can do. WARNING large files. I didn't want to compress or shrink them so as to show you the real potential of the G2.

www.pbase.com/booster286

YDanusas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 9:30 AM   #8

To YDanusas. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is what i wanted to see but i didnt want to ask someone to take all the time like you did to post a few pics for me. Again thank you!!!! Now iam happy about getting the g2. Very well done on the pixs showen here,i hope to do as well some day.Tealblue
Old Jan 28, 2004, 5:26 AM   #9

Default Powershot G2

Hi, just got mine !!! Had a sony DSC-P10 and was not satisfied with the pictures. If the reviews about the G3 and G5 are correct then the G2 will sit right along them because i do not see any need for an upgrade. The G2 performs equal in terms of image quality. The G3 and G5 may have a few enhancements but they ar all built with practically the same architecture. The G2 rocks . If you can find it,get it !!!!
amk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2004, 10:25 AM   #10

I dont have a G2 but I have a G3 and if the G2 is half as good it will even then be a great camera. Since Ive gone digital I will never turn back to film cameras. The photos from the G series to me always look crisp and have great color. enjoy this camera.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote