Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 14, 2004, 1:05 AM   #1

Default Now to make things even more difficult: The new A75!!!

Ok I am having a very hard time choosing the right camera! My choices have now expanded to include the A75 vs A70 vs Minolta S414. The A70 is probably out of the contest now. So can anybody tell me when the A75 is coming, how much you think it's going to cost and if you would choose it over the Minolta S414?
Eegakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2004, 8:57 AM   #2

Default Re: Now to make things even more difficult: The new A75!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eegakan
Ok I am having a very hard time choosing the right camera! My choices have now expanded to include the A75 vs A70 vs Minolta S414. The A70 is probably out of the contest now. So can anybody tell me when the A75 is coming, how much you think it's going to cost and if you would choose it over the Minolta S414?
The A75 is due out in early spring, but you never know. New camera sometimes come out on schedule, and sometimes there are delays. Since it's not actually out yet, it's hard to directly compare it to the A70 it's replacing, though I'm sure Steve will get a model before long to review.

The Minolta 414 take good photos and is budget priced, but it's pretty bulky and the zoom control is awkward. Kind of a dinosaur compared to today's more sleek models. If budget is a real concern and you're watching your pennies literally, the 414 is still not a "bad" camera (you can even screw filters directly on the front of the lens without an adapter, though they're an awkard size).

The A75 will most likely take the A70's $299 price point when it comes out, and the A70 "should" drop to around $249 in stores when it does (just a prediction based on retail trends, but you never know). The LCD is to be improved on the newer model, so if time is not a concern, I'd personally probably wait.

Atlantagreg
atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote