Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 17, 2004, 7:32 PM   #1
Nor

Default A70 & A70 power plus - difference ?

Hello there,

This is my first post despite hanging around for a while. I was about to buy the Canon A70 for my father, however when I was looking at some prices I noticed a A70 power plus for sale for about 20 more.

Was just wondering what the difference was. Can't seem to find the power plus spec on the canon website.

Thanks in advance.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2004, 7:06 AM   #2

Might be a different bundle of accessories. Check what's in it. They might include a power adapter or something. The camera most likely is the same.
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2004, 8:18 AM   #3
Nor

Aye mate, after not seeing it on the Canon website I thought it might just be a seller bundling stuff and giving it a new name like you say. Looking at the cameras on pixmania.com I can't see any difference in the bundles though, just the price.

This is the A70 and this is the A70 power plus

Perhaps someone with a keener eye than me can spot the difference. Its a great price on Pix mania though. The only place I've seen which beats the Amazon price of 209. All in all I'm probably going to go for it, but will no doubt need to spend more to get a proper sized memory card and the rechargeable batteries and charger.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 8:22 AM   #4
Nor

Read it again properly and it seems the power plus comes with a charger God I'm blind sometimes.

Something thats also interesting is it appears that the camera comes with only a French manual on this website Not much use to man nor beast that.