Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 19, 2004, 10:43 PM   #1

Default canon s50

I need some advice on setting up my Canon s50 to take pictures of small scale architectural models with a black background. Any help/advice would be appreciated. I have tried to do this on my own but I am getting poor results. One of my biggest problems is that I am picking up alot of the background (inlcuding rinkles)when i need to blur it out.
dice336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2004, 12:30 PM   #2

I have to say I'm not up on all my optics yet, but it seems you need to shorten the focal depth. Are you getting close to the object to take the picture or are you zooming in to take it? You probably want to be as close to the object as possible and still get it in frame. I could be wrong on this and zoom may have no effect at all. You may need to enter macro mode to do this.

The other thing I'm pretty sure affects focal depth is the apeture setting. You probably want to be in Apeture Priority on your camera and up the apeture size and this should decrease the focal depth.

If I'm wrong on this, please correct me. If I was at home and had time, I'd look it up before posting.
Effen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2004, 8:06 PM   #3

thanks, I will try that
dice336 is offline   Reply With Quote