Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 1, 2004, 2:04 PM   #1

Default Is A70 Worth Paying $100 More Than HP 735??

I've never owned a digital camera before and would like to get a good all-round camera for everyday stuff or vacation's and what not. I was going to get the HP 735 because I need a new printer too and if I get a new HP printer and HP camera then I get a $75 rebate from HP. I can still get a $50 dollar rebate if I get the Canon A70 and A HP printer. My question is how much better is the A70 over the HP 735 camera? I had my mind made up that I was going to get the HP, but I keep hearing such good things about the A70 and several negatives about the HP. I want to be able to take fairly good indoor/low light pics and I've heard some complaints on the HP in this area and good things about the A70. Please post all your opinions because I'm looking to buy one or the other within a week or two. Thanks

Jake
jkulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2004, 3:14 PM   #2

Hi! im a happy canon A80 owner. If i where you, i definitely would buy Canon a70 rather than HP Photosmart 735. I like my Canon A80 very much. You can check review on Hp here ;D http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/electronics/...review/422392/
Bache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 6:22 PM   #3

Default A70

I too would say go A70. Compare the specs as well as the Technology that A70 wields over the HP (Pictbridge, ISAPS, Digic).

Plus, I look at it a bit old school as well.. Hmmm, buying a camera you say? Should you go Canon or HP! Gee... Who makes HP cameras anyways?

While you are at it, do not ruin your photo experience with an HP printer. Get a nice photo printer from Canon or Epson.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2004, 12:41 PM   #4

No comparison! the HP has no manual modes so it's a fully automatic idiot-proof camera that lets you have little to no control over the camera. The Canon A-series cameras are my favorite point-and shoot size camera because they let you do so much more. P.S. the canon A75 is replacing the A70 and should hit the shelves soon. Should be even better. At any rate, compared to the HP, the Canon has better metering, better processor, faster shutter, better macro, better battery life, the ability to add lenses & filters - the list goes on and on. Look at Steve's reviews for the cameras and you'll see. Even if this sounds like more than you need right now, you'll grow into it. The fact that you are a member of this website and are asking about it means you want to take good pictures. Moral of the story, if you want a good camera, buy one made by a company that's been making cameras for decades, not a computer company that decided to jump on the digital camera bandwagon to make $$.
LTBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 6:18 PM   #5

I am going to get the Canon after reading the reviews and your guy's opinion's. I want the A75 to after reading about it, but I can't find it for sell yet. Anybody know when it's coming out? Also, my friend is planning on getting the Sony f717. Anybody know if this is a good camera or not?

Jake
jkulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 5:14 PM   #6

Default See also HP forum..

Hello,

just in case you are still interested, I posted a reply on the HP forum.

Dario

p.s.: Maybe I have inadventertly repleid also privately... I am new on this forum
dariob is offline   Reply With Quote