Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 8, 2004, 2:36 PM   #1
AMG

Default which camera

Hi all, I'm ready to buy a digital camera ( upgrade actually, the one I have is 4 years old so it's 1 megapixel, sad eh? )
Anyway, it's for my wife, so a point and shoot is ideal with manual settings would be nice for me. I would like to know which if any of these cameras have a quick recycle time. Right now when I take a shot with the old camera, it takes about 10 or 15 seconds until I can take another. I would also like a camera whose detail is very good, in other words, I would buy a 3.2 over a 4 if the detail ( sharpness ) was better on the 3.2.
Any suggestions are welcome, any brand.
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2004, 6:22 AM   #2

I'm more than happy with my Canon S400.

For speed, check out the Minolta G400.

Those are pocket-sized suggestions, what exact features (zoom, size, speed, etc) are you looking for, and how much manual control do you want?
PacificJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2004, 7:53 AM   #3
AMG

well, manaul controls are not that important. This camera will be used by my wife mostly to take pictures of our kids, and she will be printing them on a photo printer, a little zoom is important. One day, years from now, I will but a very good SLR for myself so I'm not looking for the most fully loaded point and shoot. Zoom, and ability to take a picture as soon as possible after a picture was just taken.
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote