Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 11, 2004, 10:14 PM   #1

Default A80 or s50

i want the best indoor pictures, which camera would do that better the A80 or the S50. And what about the s400, i have a s200 but really dont like its indoor pictures. The flash is just not good enough. all my pictures come out with dark corners.
darcwun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2004, 1:33 PM   #2

You can search the forum archives and probably find dozens of post discussing and comparing the A80, S50 and S400.
jkusmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2004, 8:51 PM   #3

some one please tell me, which is better for indoor shots, A80, S400, S50.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 10:07 AM   #4

I have an A80. If you'd like, I can take some sample photos for you. Just tell me the conditions in which you'd like and I'll try to duplicate them. I do already have numerous pet shots and some standard room shots. Let me know, I'd be glad to help.
Lisa
lisantica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2004, 3:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisantica
I have an A80. If you'd like, I can take some sample photos for you. Just tell me the conditions in which you'd like and I'll try to duplicate them. I do already have numerous pet shots and some standard room shots. Let me know, I'd be glad to help.
Lisa
Thanks lisa, a lot of the photos i take are of familiy and friends indoor usually under low light conditions where the room is lit by a few 60watt bulbs.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 4:16 PM   #6

If you send me an email to [email protected] I will send you a couple of sample photos.
Lisas
lisantica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2004, 7:10 PM   #7

For me the difference between the A80 and S50 Megapixels and Ergonomics. The S50 has 5MP while the A80 has 4MP. The A80 has a better ergonomics design over the S50.

I picked the S50 and I like it, but if I had it to do over again, I would have gone with the better ergonomics.
Effen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2004, 8:06 AM   #8
AMG

well, I just went to the store with the intention of buying the A80 or the s400 and if the time it takes to take the picture is an issue, do not buy either camera. They are substantially worse than my first kodak 1 megapixel camera. I would say it is about 3 or 4 seconds from the time you press the button until the picture is captured. And that 4 seconds feels like forever. Do you plan on taking pictures of children, I know I do, so you can forget these cameras. The salesman right away suggested the MInolta Z1, and he also mentioned that he would be recieving the A75 which is supposed to be a faster version of the A70, so I will wait and see, consider yourself warned. I think I will psot a new thread to this effect. good luck
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2004, 7:08 PM   #9

AMG, you are quite wrong with the A80. One thing that people have to realize is that the A80 is so customizable that you can fix it so that it can snap pictures in a breeze. I suggest the A80 for Beginners and Experts. Its a GREAT camera for its price. I bought mine for 350$ w/ free shipping and no tax at www.newegg.com.
sammieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:10 AM   #10
AMG

thank you sammieboy, I am really surprised the salesman wouldn't tell me that, I had a feeling that might be the case, but I wasn't sure, and he sounded very confident about the poor timing. He wasn't trying to sell me a more expensive camera either. Or maybe it wasn't his fault at all, maybe because the camera is for my wife, he figured it needed to stay in full auto, which would give the biggest delay. I will check it out again because all in all, this camera was the one we liked, she preferred it over the 400 for the video function.
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote