Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 20, 2004, 1:54 PM   #1

Default PowerShot A70 Webcam -- In DIRE Need of Help!!

Hey everyone! I am new here, but my Canon PowerShot A70 is driving me mad! I was up until the wee hours of this morning trying to get the Webcam function to work.

I downloaded the necessary functions (I checked on several sites) including WIAXP600 and RCW275, which includes a Camera WIA Driver Update.

I have tried everything possible, but I can not get my camera to work as a webcam! At first I didn't know if it could even do that, but checking on some of these websites, it was pretty obvious that it could.

If I'm wrong, could someone please correct me?

And if I'm not can someone please tell me what to do??

Sincerely,
~Mystik
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2004, 3:47 AM   #2

It would be a miracle if you could get your camera work as a webcam - it doesn't have this feature As far as I understand, the only available solution for that now is if your videocard has a video input.
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 1:24 PM   #3

Default Re: PowerShot A70 Webcam -- In DIRE Need of Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
Hey everyone! I am new here, but my Canon PowerShot A70 is driving me mad! I was up until the wee hours of this morning trying to get the Webcam function to work.

I downloaded the necessary functions (I checked on several sites) including WIAXP600 and RCW275, which includes a Camera WIA Driver Update.

I have tried everything possible, but I can not get my camera to work as a webcam! At first I didn't know if it could even do that, but checking on some of these websites, it was pretty obvious that it could.

If I'm wrong, could someone please correct me?

And if I'm not can someone please tell me what to do??

Sincerely,
~Mystik
Try this thread at powershot-a.com.
It does seem to depend on patching the camera to a video input, however, as Oleg suggested.

-jeff-
jrobert is offline   Reply With Quote