Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 29, 2004, 2:05 PM   #1

Default Dropped my new A80...help!

I dropped my 2 week ols A80 last night. It hit my concrete driveway. The camera still operates, as I continued taking and uplading pics. The top panel is bent and the front panel is as well. What kind of coverage does the 90 day warrantee have? What options do I have to get it fixed? I really would like to get it checked out to make sure it is working ok internally, though I am sure it most likely is. Thanks.

Tom
HobbsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2004, 1:28 PM   #2

70 views and no replies? Someone must have dropped their Canon at some point in time.

TTT.
Old Mar 31, 2004, 2:32 PM   #3

I haven't read the warranty and I have no experience with Canon support, but I'd be very surprised if it covers this type of mishap. Most are very clear that they only cover manufacturing defects.
Donsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2004, 2:33 PM   #4

I haven't read the warranty and I have no experience with Canon support, but I'd be very surprised if it covers this type of mishap. Most are very clear that they only cover manufacturing defects.
Donsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 7:05 AM   #5

Manufacturer warranties almost never cover accidental damage. In fact, I have never seen a case where they do.

Kinda like taking your car into the dealer after getting into a fender bender and asking them to fix it under warranty.
Polaris20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 3:08 PM   #6

Yeah, I just ordered a new top and new front for it. Chalk it up to inexperience. From now on I will wear the wrist strap at all times!
Old Apr 2, 2004, 3:51 PM   #7

there is your reason....it is very hard to carry a camera by the wriststrap, i prefer having it around my neck
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 6:57 PM   #8

get used to that wrist strap. if you don't get used to it now, you might regret it even more down the road when, say, you're leaning over the railing at a waterfall and your lose your grip and...you get the idea. I didn't use the wrist strap much till this week when I went to some falls near here. I just felt like I was asking for trouble dangling the thing out over a cliff or water without it. I almost dropped it once putting it back inside my inside jacket pocket, but the strap saved the fall to concrete.
ScaryFast is offline   Reply With Quote