Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 4, 2004, 10:57 AM   #1

Default Scratched LCD

I've got some small scratches already with my Canon A70 LCD screen. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get them out? How about a replacement screen? Thanks!
gerrybpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2004, 2:38 PM   #2

Default Re: Scratched LCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrybpalmer
I've got some small scratches already with my Canon A70 LCD screen. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get them out? How about a replacement screen? Thanks!
No idea how to remove them safely, but LCD protectors will help you keep from getting any more. You didn't say where you are, Staples carries them (Staples.com, in US/Canada/UK/Germany, according the their site) and I expect most photo equipment stores do too.

-jeff-
jrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:13 PM   #3

Thanks Jeff about the LCD cover suggestion....that's what I had planned to do when I got the scratches out. Anyone out there know how to get out the scratches??
gerrybpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 12:26 PM   #4

Don't think there's anything you can do short of sending to Anon for replacement.
jkusmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 1:04 PM   #5

(sorry for my lack of knowledge on this particular camera) but does the A70 have no protective cover on the LCD? In other words, can you touch the LCD itself? Because if there is a scratch in LCD itself, I doubt you will be able to get it out very well. If there is some glass or plastic in front of it, you might be able to get it out by buffing it down a bit...
blinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:46 PM   #6

Yes, there's a protective glass plate over the LCD itself. I've never attempted to buff scratches out of glass, even auto glass. Would be very wary of attempting to do so on an LCD screen - could ruin the LCD completely. If you're note prepared to spend the $ for a repair by Canon I'd just clean the LCD, apply a protective plastic laminate and try to ignore the scratch.
jkusmier is offline   Reply With Quote