Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 13, 2004, 12:54 AM   #1

Default Question on A75 focusing sound

I just got the A75. When I turn on the camera and the lense extended/try to focus...I hear a small grinding sound..I think it's the focus mechanism...I hear that sound everytime it try to focus..This is a new sound since I didn't have this for the S10/S30. On the Olympus C-2100UZ I hear a focusing sound but not like this..I was wonder is this a normal focusing sound for the A75???

I noticed when I take photo with no zoom it's quite sharp, when zoom in the photo is less sharper..

Also, the strap don't have a little stopper like the S30, that tighten the strap to your wrist..I found that odd since u can drop the camera easier..
david209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2004, 12:22 AM   #2

Hi,

I purchased the Canon a75 a week ago and have tested most of the features out, and yes, I did notice a small noise every time I focus on somthing, although I have to hold the camera next to my ear to hear it. I hadn't even noticed the noise until I read your post.
I imagine it is the focusing mechanism working as you say, because my pictures turn out normal.

As for the blurriness, I find that when I use the zoom to take shots, I need to be in well-lit conditions or enable the flash, otherwise the pictures lack sharpness, but I think this is simply due to increased camera shake that you inevitably get when using magnification.
captainfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 9:46 AM   #3

Does it sound like this?
www.innersightdesigns.com/jeremy/camera.wav ?
Thats when i turn it on and off, but focusign also gives me a similar sound
thedynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 3:43 PM   #4

Yes it make similar sound to your wav sound..Also the focusing mechanism noise is like metallic click..I don't remember hearing this sound on the S30..For photos not very sharp in zoom..I wonder why since it's only 3X zoom..I think the S30 was able to take sharp photos even in zoom.
david209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 7:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by david209
Yes it make similar sound to your wav sound..Also the focusing mechanism noise is like metallic click..I don't remember hearing this sound on the S30..For photos not very sharp in zoom..I wonder why since it's only 3X zoom..I think the S30 was able to take sharp photos even in zoom.
When you turn your camera on and off, do you also get this sound?

Im trying to find a solution to this problem.
thedynasty is offline   Reply With Quote