Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 11, 2004, 9:06 PM   #1

Greetings!

I have a newA70 just 2 days out of the box. I think the pics are very good, in the lcd viewfinder that is.

Mysystem is an Abit KT7,Duron 1300, 384MB ram and the OS is Win 2K with service pack 4. I have no other USB devices.

I have installed the software acording to the manual (4 times, before and after SP4) but no go. Windows recognises the camera, but the ZoomBrowser does not. When I try to connect thru the software, the lcd on the camera turns off and a green led lights up. I think its supposed to do that, but then, I keep getting the "No camera found" message.

Has anyone had the same problem? What am I doing wrong?
hugo0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2004, 7:32 AM   #2
kex

Win2k and XP should find the camera when you connect it to your pc via USB.
If it does, you should find a new device in your explorer window.

You should then be able to copy the files from the camera to your harddrive.

You could also get a cheap card reader (I got mine for 12€) and read your CF card, so you won't have any problems with making the PC find your camera. The card reader will work for sure.
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 11:15 AM   #3
AMG

I would call canon, you're under warranty.
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 5:32 PM   #4

Greetings!

Thanks for the input!

Just bought an external card reader. Works perfectly with Paintshop Pro. No need for heavy Canon software.

Life is good!!!

Cheers
hugo0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 8:29 PM   #5

I've been having the exact same problem that hugo mentioned the only real difference is I'm using XP Pro. Anyway, this problem is both weird and annoying. I would prefer not to have to buy a card reader if at all possible. The camera is recognized by both canon's zoom browser as well as windows built in exporer. Even photoshop recognizes it. Some of the programs are able to determine how many photos are on the card but their names and thumbnails are not displayed. I get an access denied fault when using explorer and zoombrowser gets the camera not found message (even after it automatically loaded up because it was found). Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they have been able to fix it without purchasing a card reader.

UPDATE: I was just able to get my hands on my parents' canon pro1 to see if I could nail down what the exact problem was. It didn't matter how I switched up the cameras, their memory cards, and their USB cables I got the same error. That leads me to believe that it has to be a PC problem. Could anyone give me or point me to directions on how to completely reinstall all programs and drivers and any thing else that has to do with digital cameras?

Thanks,
maest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2004, 1:01 PM   #6

For those of those interested, I have found the problem. There seems to be a conflict with the camera and the Lexmark X74-X75 All-In-One Center that runs in my system tray in order to make use of the scanning buttons on my printer/scanner. At this moment, the printer is no connected to the PC but it's program is still in my startup list of programs. However, when the printer was connected, the error didn't occur ever to my recollection. Temporarily disabling the All-In-One Center allowed me to download the pictures. Hopefully this information might be useful for others experiencing a similar problem. Thanks for all the help.
maest is offline   Reply With Quote