Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 2, 2004, 3:21 PM   #1
eph

I was surprised to not be able to save files to my new a80 form my computer. What I mean is to basically use it as a USB drive, like I had with my Sony DSCF717. Is there some setting on XP Pro to enable this or has Canon done something differently?
eph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2004, 9:44 PM   #2

eph wrote:
Quote:
I was surprised to not be able to save files to my new a80 form my computer. What I mean is to basically use it as a USB drive, like I had with my Sony DSCF717. Is there some setting on XP Pro to enable this or has Canon done something differently?

Can't do it on the Canon S1 IS either. Have yo use a CF card reader.
timotsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:47 AM   #3
eph

With the software I found out you can upload jpegs, but not all jpegs. Go figure??

Still can't upload other files, and I am sure a CF reader would work.
eph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 7:44 PM   #4

With the camera you should have received a CD software package 'ZoomBrowser EX'. Connect your A80 to the USB cable and switch on making sure you are in record mode

Use this software and from the Task Menu choose Camera & Menu Card Option > Upload Images.On the Right hand side of themonitor, click 'Select Images'.

Then select 'Imagefrom View Mode', which accesses your computer files in XP Pro e.g. My Pictures, & click on the picture(s) you want.

Then click on 'Open Camera' option in the Task Bar on the LeftHandSideof the monitor.Click on the Add button in the dialogue box, and "HEY PRESTO"

badjac is offline   Reply With Quote