Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 12, 2004, 11:21 PM   #1

all my flash photosbrown skin people comes out yellow,fair skined people comes out red,but the background and clothing are normal,white balance is set to auto,vivid 100 asa why?

i see a great picture i press the shutter buton half way it confirms the picture i want i press all the way and end up with a different picture why
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2004, 9:14 AM   #2

1st question - no idea - maybe technical problem

2nd question - the cam is quite slow if you disable continuous autofocus. Look at the menu settings and enable AF setting to continuous (multiple pictures) - should be better. But a warning: this drains the battery even more
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 7:46 PM   #3

thkn777 wrote:
Quote:
1st question - no idea - maybe technical problem

2nd question - the cam is quite slow if you disable continuous autofocus. Look at the menu settings and enable AF setting to continuous (multiple pictures) - should be better. But a warning: this drains the battery even more
Continuous vs. single AF has nothing to do with single vs. continuous SHOTS.
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 1:19 AM   #4

@Dequardo: Huh? I know that. I was answering the question: "... i see a great picture i press the shutter buton half way it confirms the picture i want i press all the way and end up with a different picture why ..."

So to my mind he refers to the slow response of the S1 IS when you press the shutter halfway. AF works then till it makes "beep" and cam is ready to shoot actually. In the meantime a fast moving object (and even small childs count as that for the S1 IS) changes position or scene changed. If you now press the shutter you get another picture - not that what you saw when you pressed the shutter half.

Maybe I got it wrong, but that's what I felt he was asking about.

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 7:03 PM   #5

thanks guys for the reply,but unfortunately i live in the caribbean an only access to photograph is to buy it on the net an when it reaches i finally get to see what i bought.so i really heavily on your responce on if i am doing something wrong.its weird i took a picture with my daughter and my brother,she is light brown skin,my brother is fair.she came out yellow,he came out red.

Old Jun 19, 2004, 1:44 PM   #6

I find my S1 tends to over expose everything (especially under bright sunshine - I haven't played much with flash yet) which causes colors to appear false. Also, vivid appears too garish to me. Try setting effects to neutral and exposure compensation to -2/3 and see if you get better results.
gmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 7:22 PM   #7

did realize shooting in vivid,was throwing off my colours,but everyone seems to like that caribbean tan look they are getting.weird huh!

my lcd on reviewing pics always shows overexposed,but on tv and at the photo shop they look good,and i have the setting on low,has anybody also experience this