Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 18, 2004, 7:08 PM   #1

When the LCD on my Canon G2 is swiveled and flattened against the camera body, it goes blank. Has anyone else had this problem. Otherwise, it works fine.

JanetKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:45 PM   #2

Hi Janet. Haven't seen you around in a while! Welcome back!

I wonder if the leads to the LCD are pulling just enough to lose their connection when you rotate and flatten because of the twist in the leads. I have not had that problem with my G3, but then I just always flipped it out to the side and when about my business.

Damon
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:17 AM   #3

Hi Damon. Thank you for missing me. I have been reading but just not posting.

As I now how a Canon Pro 1 (^J^). I sold the G2 on eBay. Buyer called me yesterday to say that the LCD goes black whenreversed and flattened. Like you, I always use the LCD angled to the side, and had no idea of the problem.

I'd say your conclusion is correct--- theG2 is on it's way to me. Looks like my son will be getting it for his birthday. Groan.

JanetKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:42 AM   #4

Well, I still have my G3 but it has been designated as my backup camera. I now have a Nikon D70 .

We are awful at my house (OK, I'm the awful one). Since February 2003 I have bought the my G3, my wife's Digital Elph S230, my 4 1/2-year old's (Jackson) HP PhotoSmart 320, anda month agomy D70 outfit (included the DX 18-70 f/3-4.5G lens), SB-800 external flash, Nikon 70-300 f/4-5.6G lens, Nikon 50mm f/1.8D lens, Nikon Capture 4.1, the ML-L3 remote control, Delkin eFilm Pro 1 gig card, second battery, and circular polarizers for both zoom lenses. No Anniversary or Father's Day gifts for me!

The funny thing about why we bought Jackson's camera is that one night I let him play with Heather's Elph. Then he started to ask where his camera was when he wanted to take pictures. Heather wanted to put a stop to that one quick so he knew that the camera was hers; not his. So we were in Staples and found his camera for $100 on clearance. It is basic; fixed lens, etc. But he takes it with us when ever I take mine. The pictures attached are ones we took of each other while we were in the car on the way to a friend's birthday party. It was a scream.

dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote