Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 19, 2004, 4:50 AM   #1

I don't understand why I cannot upload files into my Canon A60 memory card, like many other cameras, in order to transfer files to other computers without buying a card reader. I will be very gratefull if someone tell me why is that situation, for what reason, and how can I fix the problem. I mention that I've tried some approaches (registry tweak or load different drivers), and the only thing I've accomplished was the breaking of my WinXP or better ;(

Thanks!
soryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:48 AM   #2

If you are trying to upload files through the Canon software, it will not let you upload files that were not originally created by the camera. So any of the files that are automatically rotated after being downloaded (NOTE: if you have Zoombrowser rotate a copy, the original non-rotated image can be uploaded) or edited in Photoshop will not be uploaded. You get a message stating that the file was not created by a Canon digital camera.

If you were to have a card reader, the files noted above will transfer to the card but will not be read by the camera and will not be displayed on the LCD.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2004, 12:45 PM   #3

I'm sorry, but you don't understand. I mean to upload any type of files, mp3, docs and other stuff. A friend of mine who have a Sony uses his camera also as a portable harddisk, like a usb flash. It seems to be a Canon management decision to restrict file acces to memory card.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 2:19 PM   #4
kex

soryx wrote:
Quote:
I'm sorry, but you don't understand. I mean to upload any type of files, mp3, docs and other stuff. A friend of mine who have a Sony uses his camera also as a portable harddisk, like a usb flash. It seems to be a Canon management decision to restrict file acces to memory card.
Nope. doesn't have anything to do with the cam itself.
A CF card is not just for pictures. I gota A60, too and I use the CF cards as portable hd's.
It works fine with a cardreader.
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2004, 2:27 AM   #5

Still you don't understand. I don't want to buy a card reader. I want to use the camera itself as a card reader like others do with their Sony, Minolta or other cam stuff. Thank you.