Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 28, 2004, 3:20 PM   #1

I thought the S400 and the then the S500 was the answer from the godsbut now as technology allows, the cameras get smaller and smaller. Any thoughts on the SD10? Will I be disspointed owning this one or even if I'm carrying it around solo, will I wish I had taken the S500? Iwouln't replace theS500 but boy it would be nice to havesucha tiny camera to fit ina pocket.
phypps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2004, 5:34 PM   #2

A fixed lens camera is going to give you only snapshots in many instances. You can't frame properly for anything but scenes and maybe group shots. I personally wouldn't own any camera without a viewfinder.

Take a look at the Pentax S4i. It is the same weight as the SD10 and takes the same SD cards. The S4i has a larger LCD. It is 4Mp with a 3X zoom. It is slightly bulkier but still fits in an Altoids tin.

The S500 is a better camera than the S4i, but the S500 would be infinitely better than the SD10 to me. Carry the extra weight and get a real camera to carry around.

I agree that it is a good idea to have a camera you can always have with you. I have an S4 for the purpose because the S500 was a little too bulky for me. I have always had a pocket zoom camera even in my 35mm days. I have more pictures with my little cameras that are always with me than with my larger more competent cameras. The first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:43 AM   #3

Thanks for the feedback - I'm going to have a look at the S4i and get me a gun.
phypps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2004, 1:52 PM   #4

i have the s500 which i will sale for £300 with a case and spare battery i dont like it i dont think much of night shot pics and it is to heavy i want the sd10 camera i know i will use it more.............
loates123 is offline   Reply With Quote