Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 5, 2004, 2:24 PM   #1

Hi, I been narrowed mi search to a75 and a80. Please anyone can give me a good reason to choose one of them???
In the reviews both are very similar, and the a75 despite his lowest resolution give very high end pictures..

Please I need some advice, I need to buy one of them and Im very confused about it...

THANKIU!!!
torobayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2004, 7:26 PM   #2

If you don't mind the small LCD in A80, then I would pickthe A80 for the following reasons.

1. A80 has a larger CCD size whichyields a cleaner and less noiserimage. Thenoise level at ISO50 for A75 is about the same as the noise level at ISO 100for A80. This is especially important when you take night shots.

2. The lensin A80 has 2 aspherical elements verus 1 aspherical element in A75. The lens in A80 supposes to yield a slightly sharper image than A75.

The number of pixel between the two cameras is not going to make it like day and night but the noise level is higher in A75 than A80 and it would become a concern if you like printing out big pictures.

Hope this helps.
EddiePCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 8:00 PM   #3

That are very good reasons to choose!!! thank you, but in othe other hand therre is the lcd size, that could make a diference ?? or is important the 0.3" more in the A75??
torobayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 8:26 PM   #4
Rae

Hi,

Read Steve's reviews on A75 and A80, that should help you decide. Look at the pictures from both cameras.

Hope that helps.

Rae
Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 8:30 PM   #5

I actually bought a A75 because of the LCD size. However, at the time I bought my A75, I didn't realize thatthe size of the CCD would make a big difference in terms of image quality. Now, I wish I have a A80 instead.Now, I think I can get used to the LCD size rather than having to worry about the image quality, well only sometimes. Take a look at the gallery for both cameras on this site and try to crop the blue sky section of the photos, you will know what I mean by the noise.

Because A80 is a medium size camera so the 1.5 inch LCD may look small to you, especailly the screen is surrounded by a thick frame. If you take a look at SD110 which also has a 1.5 inch LCD, you may think the size is quite acceptable. To be honest, the screen on the A75 is very good indeed, sharp and very fluid.
EddiePCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 11:46 PM   #6

I just recently got my A80 about a week ago and I love it. the LCD screen was one of my main concerns w/ this camera but I think it serves its purpose very well. I would go ahead w/ the A80 beacuse of the already said reasons, don't make the LCD size your main priority, image quality should be, i think. I was choosing between the sony-dscw1 because of its 2.5'' screen and glad i didnt get it. so in short, the A80 has been awesome for myself. the screen size, for me at least, serves pretty well. good luck choosing.
prelude18 is offline   Reply With Quote