Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:19 AM   #1
AMG

Hi all, I have purchased the A75 about 2 months ago, and because it is for my wife, it is to be used on auto setting most of the time. There are 2 problems that bother me, and I hope they can be solved or at the very least, bypassed.

1. I am used to film, and whenever I take pictures outdoors when it is sunny, I use fill flash so I don'y have such a harch contrast on the subject's face. When I tell my wife to use the flash outdoors if it sunny ( in auto mode ) the result is horrendous. The flash makes most of the image completely washed out. Isn't the camera supposed to adjust shutter speed when I use the flash. Maybe I overlooked something, but I am hoping there is way to use flash outdoors and achieve good results.

2. The second problem is the exact opposite, using flash indoors. Actually here I have 2 seperate problems. The first is some pictures indoors are just too dark. I thought again that the camera would adjust opening and shutter speed, along with the flash output to give an acceptable exposure, but some are overall too dark, much too dark. The second problem is when the subject is well lit, but background is too dark. I understand that the camera is probably using too fast a shutter speed, but is there a way to adjust this so that my wife will not have to always override some auto setting. My older camera had a great overall eposure inddors when using flash. Now I get an almost black background.

Any help is appreciated. I wonder if other canons are this way, and if not, I wonder if Canon will exchange it for another model.
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2004, 8:36 AM   #2
AMG

anyone ?
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote