Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 30, 2004, 5:56 AM   #11

you answered your own question in your last paragraph,

in my island we have a saying why buy a truck when all you need is a bicycle.

photography is the love of my life,a hobby with 21+years experience,but no pro.but verry fussy about my prints

this year carnival not wanting to lug around an slr i pulled out my kodak dc 240, 1.3 mp and took over 200 photos,the photo lab just got its first digital printer,a fuji dye printer,man when i saw those prints i was pleased.

so i started looking for a digital that would replace my slr, 2 lenses flash 4 different speed films etc,my eyes was on the g5,but something was missing. then i came accross the s1Islooks like an slr,feels like one,high power optical zoom,buit in flash,built in 4 different speed films,a control dial to change programs,image stabilizer a big plus, no more tripod,easy to use plus more

then i :? if 1.3 mp prints got me pleasing results,then 3.2 should be fantastic.

hope this helps :-)

dafiryde

dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 9:36 AM   #12

Thank you, yes ... your extra comments do help. Guess I need to see which one feels better to me.

I'm also going to see if I can pay to get two prints made of things I test the cameras out on.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain things a bit more to me.

Thanks again

----------------

you said ... >>in my island we have a saying why buy a truck when all you need is a bicycle.<<

and >>eyes was on the g5,but something was missing. then i came accross the s1Islooks like an slr,feels like one,high power optical zoom,buit in flash,built in 4 different speed films,a control dial to change programs,image stabilizer a big plus, no more tripod,easy to use plus more

then i :? if 1.3 mp prints got me pleasing results,then 3.2 should be fantastic.<<
slouie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2004, 7:09 PM   #13

One thing yet. I saw test images of both cam, and they are really near for each others. I just thought to say this too. btw ill listen to you, ill wait until Xmas. At least ;-)
IpRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2004, 10:03 PM   #14

Hi IpRunner,

>>One thing yet. I saw test images of both cam, and they are really near for each others. I just thought to say this too. btw ill listen to you, ill wait until Xmas. At least ;-)<<

My husband insisted on going to the Mall yesterday so we could get a feel for the cameras. He wants to use the new one too, so we had to make sure he like it. Well, we didn't get either one because neither store had the G5, but they both had the S1 IS. He felt it was too small for his hands. He liked the way the Pro1 felt in his hands and bought me that one for my birthday (which is tomorrow). Guess I don't have to wait now.

I need to play a bit more to get some nice photos. :|Good luck on your shopping.

Sarah L. in NH

slouie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 5:45 AM   #15

What a shame! dont waste your money on the Pro 1.. get the Digital Rebel. I dont want to dissapointe you in the reason why.. btw.. get a Damage protection plan for your pro 1 for atleast 2 years you will find out why later.

Good luck
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 1:02 PM   #16

Hi! After you made photos please share it them on net if it is possible.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Btw S1 IS is seems the best choice for my heart and my purse. (Why the mirror rexlex systems are so expensive? :sad
Old Aug 4, 2004, 5:16 PM   #17

:idea:

Hi! I have a big question for everybody. (I hope my idea wont be foolish for you.)

So.. We like steve's pagebecause welike read discussions of cameras with full of details, with pictures about cameras, and test photos what is so important too. I know who read his page is who want to buy a camera, or just like taking photos and help to others. What would be, if we make a user link archives with details. (example:

<a href="http://user12.site.com">User12-s page</a> CanonA8,Jendigital 3.2

It would be useful (i think) if somebody thinking about what type of cam he/she buy, he see steve's page, test photos, read forum, and if he/she wants see users pages with photos, and if you see many photo taken by camera you thinking about you have more chance to see the colors, details, you have more imagine about that cam.

It is just an idea. If you think it is a bad thing, then sorry. What's your opinion?:roll:
Old Aug 5, 2004, 5:02 AM   #18

:sad:Sorry, i was blind! :angry: