Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 17, 2004, 2:57 AM   #1

:roll:
Yesterday I received my Powershot Pro 1, unpacked it, charged the battery pack and was very surprised. On the 2'' Colour LCD I saw several annoying dead pixel. One red and one green spot are really large and it seems to me, they consist of a group of dead pixel. I think it is hard to accept this although Canon notes that up to 0.01 per cent dead pixel must be tolerated (23 dead pixel on a 2'' Screen!!). Anytime I will present my snapshots on the LCD people will ask me about these coloured spots.

Despite of the annoying LCD the Powershot Pro 1 is an excellent, compact camera with a breath-taking image quality. I will always have it with me on my bicycle rides…

Who has made the same experience with the Canon LCD? Does anybody own a Pro 1 without any dead pixel on the LCD? I would be glad to read your opinion.

P. S. I am from Germany, so please excuse my bad English. I know this is one of the best discussion forums for digital photographers worldwide!
Attached Images

Luckyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2004, 7:36 AM   #2

Since you cant hurt the display you might try gently massaging the display with your finger as sometimes this will work.
mikesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2004, 3:38 AM   #3

Sorry, but I did not try this! I am afraid to damage the LCDand to loose any warranty.

What I would like to know is: are there frequently dead pixels on Canon LCDs?If Isend this camera back tothe dealer, how greatisthe chance to get a "perfect" LCD??

Luckyman is offline   Reply With Quote