Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 12, 2004, 9:58 PM   #11

@ archinnj2

I just tried that and yes it works...I don't know wheter or not it is because of the MM Codec!:-)

@ quackagator

So I have no completed task no. 1! To play the movies in MP.

Now I'm just trying to find out how to compresse them. They ARE huge but I still like to keep them in 640x480 30fps.:!:

Have seen Adobe Premiere in action but still don't know if it can handle MJPEG clips.
It's acomplex program which takes some time to get used tobut I hope I will succeed in the end.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2004, 9:08 AM   #12

I had the same problem, two PCs both running Win2K Pro. Both had same version of Media Player. One played the movie clip from Steve's sample page and the other didn't, only sound.

I upgraded to the latest DirectX (9 something) and, hey presto, the clip played.
SteinBeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2004, 1:34 PM   #13

A very good and WORKING program for Avi-files is "Crystal player". Freeware and very powerful. Try it!
foffodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 10:10 AM   #14

As stated earlierI downloaded the MM codec and MP will play the clips now. Nice :-)

Tried to edit a clip using Adobe Premiere...It's a good program but very complex at the same time. Guess I'll use it when I have read more of the manual! :?

And finally about the compression...I found that TMPGEnc is capable of converting the MJPEG files to MPG clips with decent sizes.

VirtualDub is next onmy test list, the result will be posted here by me or someone else who tries it before me....*hint!*:!::idea:

I will link to/postsome test MPG/AVI/whatever later to see the difference.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 3:11 PM   #15

Dear Hendrik

I have just got the S1. The movies are really awsome!! I use Pinnacle Studio v9.1.2 for editing the movies and the stills and putting them on dvd. No problems at all. Studio accepts the s1's ourtout without modification and does a great job of adding music, titles, menus etc.

Good luck
sammy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2004, 12:26 AM   #16

where would a person find a good size movie clip from the S1? I've dl all the clips i could find, but i would like to take a look at a longer clip...I know it would be really big, but i have 3mb/sec....thank you

ps--haven't bought the camera, but am really leaning that way
franktank232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2004, 3:52 AM   #17

I have just uploaded a 1:25 min clip. It's raw from the camera and taken at twilight at 13000 feet. The quality is 640x480 30fps. (144MB!!!)

The lack of light made it harder to focus. But check it out. I'll make a day shot as well in acouple of days!

Link: http://www.blueskypilot.dk- Right side "Powershot... link"

:idea:EDIT: Same link but I have added a*.WMVclip.It has a size of 18MB and the quality is almostthe same as the original!:idea:

Old Aug 18, 2004, 12:30 PM   #18

I dont know about "good size" but this site's review of the S1 has a movie clip in the samples section; jeff keller's review of the S1 http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/cameraList.phpalso hs a clip; there is also a clip available at the canon.com.jp site where sample pictures from the S1 are shown; scroll down to the bottom of the page. I have downloaded and put on dvd all three clips and they areawsome!!! on my 53" rear projection tv. I have just bought the S1; looking forward to lots of pictures and movies with it

Cheers

Sam
sammy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2004, 12:49 PM   #19

thank you...the features this camera has are outstanding...i see Dell has it for $324 today....thanks for the links....
franktank232 is offline   Reply With Quote