Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 22, 2004, 5:38 PM   #1

Hello All - My camera arrived in the mail with the upgrade. I verified the new version through Zoombrowser. The camera still does not zoom continuously and the camera is set to continuous. I focused on a picture about 12 feet away by holding the button down half way, without letting go, i moved the camera to a object about 6 feet away to see if it would focus and it doesn't until I let the shutter go and press half way down again. I tried it in AUTO mode and other modes and still does not work. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
mbenze500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2004, 4:15 AM   #2

Hi the change to the camera was that before once focus was locked by holding the shutter buton half way theimage in the view finder froze until focusing complete or shutter button full pressed (take a photo).This often led to subject departing the frame whilst taking action shots as the image only advanced as each shot was taken so that with image display set to zero you saw a fraction of a second display of recorded image and had to judge where to pan from this.The improvement for action photography is great .The focus and exposure is locked when pushing button half way if you release the shutter button in continuous Af the camera will change focus as object distance changes.I have just checked my camera in the backyard and it is reacting the same as yours (normal).With camera in continuous shooting and focus modes I am able to take series of sharp shots as subjects move with out releasing button but distance change cant be too quick.

Hope this helps Brendon
Brendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2004, 5:05 AM   #3

Brendon - Thanks for the helpful information. You made it perfectly clear, I just didn't want a faulty camera that I just received.

Thanks,

Frank
mbenze500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 2:52 PM   #4

I tried my camera last night and I don't get the image freeze problem, the firmware is 1.0.0.0 and no black dot on the CF door, weird ha?

I wonder if i will get any benefit from upgrading.
redmikee is offline   Reply With Quote