Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 28, 2004, 3:19 PM   #1

I have had a Canon Powershot A70 for a little over a year. A few months ago my camera started to have problems with taking pictures, it started with the lcd showing normally but every second or so having a purplish streak go across it, then it jumped to the lcd completely black all the time and would show the purple streaks only when pointing to a brighter area (ie out the window or at a light). When I tried to take a picture it came out the way the lcd looked.

Just a few days ago I tried the camera again and the pictures came out normally except for the few purplish streaks which did not get recorded in the pictures.

If anyone knows anything about what might have been(is being) the problem, your input would be much appreciated.

Cark
Cark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2004, 6:40 PM   #2

This is Not a malfunction. I have the same thing on my Canon A75. It only occurs when you point your camera to a strong light. I did a research on the internet and I've found out that every Digital Cameracan showthese vertical purple bars when pointed to light. It's evenwritten in the CanonUser Guide. Check the troubleshooting section.

Hope this helps.

Noujwas
noujwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2004, 3:29 PM   #3

That's not the problem it still does not work when it is pointing at a normal subject, and the screen is black with purple horizontal stripes. Thanks anyway
Cark is offline   Reply With Quote