Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 4, 2004, 11:53 AM   #1
htb

Gotour first digicam, an A80, a couple of months ago. On the overall, we're extremely happy with it.Easy to use, many manual features and takes great pics. The construction quality is mostly great, except for two niggling issues:
  1. The door of the CF compartment jiggles back-and-forth and up-and-down when closed. [/*]
  2. The add-on lens adapter (LA-DC52D) doesn't screw on tightly, it also kind of jiggles.[/*]
I realize these are minor, but would like to know if other A80 owners are experiencing the same issues.
htb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2004, 12:23 AM   #2

I have A75 which has similar look and feel. The CF door which is of plastic is not durable. If we handle carelessly it might break. Canon should have made this metal since we frequently try to remove and insert CF cards. I also fear that the plastic points, which connect the CF door to the body, might break anytime.

When I open the CF door one side comes upwards otherside still in the closed way. I like the Camera but feel the plastic is not good.

Canon should note this.

Hari

hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2004, 7:13 AM   #3

I had the same problem with the door when I put a new card in. I thought I broke it when one side did not slide up. This would have been terrible since I have only owned it a day. Hopefully I won't have to take the card out too often since I mainly upload from the camera.
martom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 6:37 PM   #4

I fully agree. I have PS A 60 and have the same problem
kabrnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 2:50 PM   #5
Mgz

htb wrote:
Quote:
Got our first digicam, an A80, a couple of months ago. On the overall, we're extremely happy with it. Easy to use, many manual features and takes great pics. The construction quality is mostly great, except for two niggling issues:
[list=1][*]The door of the CF compartment jiggles back-and-forth and up-and-down when closed. [/*]
Same here, also A80, not MUCH, but still noticeable .
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 7:48 PM   #6

Mineseems tight... if I really try it will move a tad. I use to pull my card out to transfer prints but use cable now so the door and cf pins don't take a unnecessary beating.

Love these little cams....

My A40 door has an up-down wiggle which is more noticeable. :shock:
OverTheHill-CA is offline   Reply With Quote