Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 16, 2004, 12:12 PM   #1

Hi

It was the search of information on the Canon A80, and I came across with an unhappy message in the site http://www.bhphotovideo.com.

"Note! This item has been discontinued and is no longer available. Please call for more information."
This wants to say that the Canon stopped to manufacture this camera? If it will be truth, because? I am thankful in case that somebody knows of some thing, was you give to buy it.

Sorry my english!
Diego Dotta
diegodotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2004, 1:27 PM   #2
htb

Not true..
htb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 3:11 PM   #3

I noticed the A80 dropped off of B&H's web pages a few days ago. It is still out there for sale new at various stores and all over eBay as part of over-priced "outfits", but if something is still in production and they are out B&H usually does keep it listed with an "out of stock" note. The other New York store I would buy from, Adorama, has also dropped the A80 from it's list of cameras for sale. As popular asthe A80is I believe these two stores would still be listing and selling it if they could obtain additional supplies.

I take from this the A80 is probably no longer in production and supplies already made have been shipped out or these two stores would still be selling it. If that's the case I would just get one wherever you can find one while you still can.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2004, 10:16 AM   #4

Thank you Very much Greg,
I go to wait little moreto see what it happens. In the official site of the CANON, this camerais not listed.
Well, thank you again.
Diego Dotta
diegodotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2004, 11:07 AM   #5

Supposedly from the "leaks" of the Canon announcement tomorrow (8/20) they will have a A95 which will be 5.0 megapixels. I saw the A80 at a Wal-Mart priced at $349.00 which is way too high!! Last I heard they were down to $279.00 at Calumet Photographic.

If you can find an A80 - buy it if you want. My Girlfriend Loves hers & it produces some Excellent images! However, you might want to wait & see how much the New A95 will be!

David

Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote