Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 17, 2004, 9:06 PM   #1

I've just bought a Powershot A75 and am new to digital. I've managed to take and download both still images and a short movie clip. I've also managed to e-mail still images as attachments in MS Outlook Express. I am running Windows XP Home and have installed both Canon Software disks so "ZoomBrowser Ex" is running.

My problem is that when using "ZoomBrowser Ex" and trying to e-mail the movie clip I get the message pane "JPEG files only can be e-mailed."

Does this mean I can't e-mail movie clips taken with this camera?

All help welcome.

Thanks.

WolfMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2004, 10:41 PM   #2

You could just email it from your outlook express or whatever mail program you're using, however, if it's more than 1 meg or so then it's too large to send because your IP may not allow such large files. If that's the situation then you might have to send it in segments using Winzip. Maybe someone else has a better idea but that's the way I see it. good luck
Pete
retgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2004, 3:46 AM   #3

If I just start a new email in Outlook Express and click on attachments and locate the movie file in "My Pictures" the file is split into 3 : "MVI_0044.AVI", "MVI_0044.THM" & "Zb Thumbnail".

If I click on "MVI_0044.AVI" and attach it to the email it attaches but when you try and play it there is audio only via Nero Media Player, no video. A message appears over the Nero player window saying "Video not available - cannot find vids:mjpg decompressor".

Maybe this goes in the "too hard basket" given my basic level of knowledge?

Old Aug 18, 2004, 12:33 PM   #4

Without knowing it exactly it sounds like your A75 records in same way as my S1 IS. (MJPEG-compression)
You need the codec for the Nero player. (Don't know ifNero Playeris capable of adding codecs though!?)

You might take a look in the topic below:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=15

I had the same problem but in Media Player. I downloaded the Morgan Multimedia MJPEG Codec and now it works. Maybe it does it for you too. Link to codec:

http://www.morgan-multimedia.com/download/m3jpegv3.exe

It is a trial version but it works for 60 days...after then you can buy it or delete it.

Good luck!

Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2004, 12:49 AM   #5

I've got out of trouble by opening "Windows Movie Maker" and importing the movie file. I then just email the clip from movie maker and it automatically compresses the file size. Thanks for the help.