Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 25, 2004, 4:06 PM   #1

Greeting:

I have a Canon PowerShot G5 camera. I always keep it in the camera bag. Last week I discovered that something got into the lens. Looks like a piece of cat dander or something. I can still take pictures without any noticeable side effect. However, I would very much like to remove that because it annoys the heck out of me. I have tried all kind of compressed air but no luck. Any suggestions? Do I have to send it back for disassemble to get it removed? I thought the lens are sealed and how did that get in the lens in the first place?
gigigugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 26, 2004, 8:19 AM   #2

I have had myCanon Powershot Pro 1 for 4 month now. In all I am satisfied with the camera BUT it also got some dust (looks like paper fibre) in between the lens elements. The problem increased and at last I went to the Dealer to complain. First he stated the dust to be a "normal" thing using a camera. After some discusson I persuaded him to take the camera to his workshop to be cleaned. To my undrstanding this is not an outstanding case but rather a commen fault at the Canon zoom lenses. Any suggestions how to advoid this?

:?
watapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 8:30 AM   #3

I have a g5 and have 2 little specs too. Its underneath the lense. I guess I'll have to live with it.
timothy015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 9:00 PM   #4

Will a 58 mm filter help to minimise this I wonder? It would certainly help protect the lens from surface damage when the lens cap falls off, or finger marks when handling. Otherwise this is a truly exceptional camera IMHO
kafkaian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 7:20 AM   #5

I havejust receiveda lens adapter, 58mm skylight filter and lens cap set from http://www.hkdcplus.com/pagen.php?lang=enbased in Hong Kong. The set took 10 days to arrive, with no hassles and very polite and efficient service. I have installed the set and now feel my Canon G5 lens is well protected from dust and damage

And it only cost GBP20.50 - amazing value really.

Highly recommended

PS -I even got a FREE mini-tripod which is great

kafkaian is offline   Reply With Quote