Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 3, 2004, 10:48 AM   #1

I purchased my A70 a little over year ago and had problems almost immediately. The image on the LCD was wavy and the colors were appearing washed out. Canon repaired it and it worked fine until last week when the washed out colors returned. The camera was reset to the factory specs, which failed to cure the problem, even though when the camera is turned on the start-up screen colors appear fine. Once again, I returned the camera to Canon and they now want $111 to repair it. At this point I don't want to pay to have it fixed as I feel the camera may be a "lemon." Has anyone had a similar experience?

Rocky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:03 AM   #2

I would call canon and try to get the repair under warranty. Has it been under a year since the repair? I would give canon a call and keep going up the chain of command until its fixed under warranty.. They obviously didn't fix it right the first time.

timothy015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2004, 1:50 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion to call Canon. Apparently the first time the camera was in for repair they replaced it with a new unit. The warranty for that unit expired last month and shock of all shocks, they agreed to repair it at no cost.
Rocky11 is offline   Reply With Quote