Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 9, 2004, 6:49 AM   #1

hi,

I have a Canon a70, i bought the camera about 1 years ago.

when I turn on the camera, The LCD show Black and Mauve colors and nothing can be viewed from the LCD.

A sampel picture that was taken by this problem (the LCD is like this photo, when the camera is on)

Sample --->>>>> http://zoheir.net/a70p.jpg

Whats the problem? what can I do to fix it?

Thank You

Attached Images

zoheir1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2004, 11:07 PM   #2

You have to replace new CCD as I guess.:?
ThuNa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2004, 10:36 PM   #3

I have a similar problem. I get the purple screen and lines. If I take a photo and play it back, I get the purple screen and lines. Previous photos taken when there was no problem, play back normally. If I tap the LCD screen surround lightly several times, the screen goes back to normal. I note that someone claims in their case it was related to a lens problem which they fixed.??, but they didnt say what or how. It does seem to be related to a connection problem internally or something similar and would explain why this an intermittent problem. My camera is now out of warranty so I will tap away until it persists, in which case I will probably open it up and have a play.

I have had 2 previous E18 problems, One I got the camera replaced. The second I fixed. This was done by turning off the power to the camera, as the lens extended by opening the battery cover. I then manually extended the lens further, I tried to be delicate but it took some effort. The lens went out to its full length, that problem has been fine for the last 6 months, but I am getting tired of these ongoing problems and feel that this latest one could end up being terminal. Any advice would be welcome.
PeterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 12:32 AM   #4

Hey, I'm now having this exact same problem with my Canon A70, which I bought in July 2003. I will sometimes get the black screen with purple lines, and the photo taken will show that same thing. Previous photos taken without that show up fine on the viewer. And if I tap at the camera the black & purple goes away... but it comes back again later... and seems like it might be pregressively getting worse. I'm wondering if you or anyone have resolved the issue yet or if I'm going to have to get the camera repaired by a professional.

thanks,

Monica
MonPep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 3:35 AM   #5

Hi,

After having had this happen repetitively for a few months, I have now had a longer period where it hasnt been too bad. In fact the camera seems perfectly fine, so dont lose hope.

Since September of last year, I have had this problem happen maybe once . I have taken about 1500 - 2000 photos in that time. When it did happen it seemed to happen while I was out. For a while I thought that heat may have been a factor, as it usually seemed to happen when I was out at the beach, zoo, bar b ques or left in the car etc. That somehow the CCD sensor was being affected. I cant even say thats an educated guess. But since then I have been getting out less, with having a second child, and it just hasnt happened???

Anyway the cost of repair would be a deciding factor (how long would the repair be guaranteed for) . After having recently gone through several repairs with a Sony video camera, I would probably wait if I was you and try keeping the camera in a cool place (who knows maybe it has something to do with it), and just see how it goes.

Good Luck..

Peter
PeterJ is offline   Reply With Quote