http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca.../gallery.shtml
mnkybznus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:31 AM   #22

mnkybznus88 wrote:
Quote:
Hey...i found some pics from the SD300

looks pretty good

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca.../gallery.shtml
Looks better than most of the other pictures I have seen with this camera. Still noticing blurring in the corners though.
Beverly W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2004, 5:52 PM   #23

I got my SD300 (Ixus 40 ) a few days ago and I am very happy with it. I've had a couple of 6x4" prints made at the photostore and they are definatley much better than my Casio Z30. Much quicker engine too. Its the same weight with battery as the new Z55 but some how feels more solid and substantial.:-)
Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 6:41 PM   #24

The images (link above), I think show this camera is the best in its class. I have spent hours researching all ultra compacts including the Panasonic FX7 (and I am quite impressed with those images), the Casio Z55, the Casio card S100 (probably one of the best engineered cameras I have ever seen and held with a real wow factor, but the 3 mp' s are probably too much of a compromise) and the Pentax s4i aswell as some of the Sonys.

These Canon pics I think look great for such a small bodied camera and the compromises that come with that.

All I am waiting to see is a review of the new Pentax S5i. If that doesnt come up to scratch I am getting a Canon sd300 (Or Ixus 40 as its known in the U.K.).

If you have a sd300 (Ixus 40), let us know your experiences.

Alternatively if you see that elusive S5i review, let us know.

Cheers!
OssettBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2004, 4:43 PM   #25

anyone know when stevesdigicams.com will do a review of the s200/300?

I am looking att getting the sd200 as i wont be printing often and if so, never above 6x4". 100$ or however much more the sd300 will be does'nt seem worth the extra resolution if i'm mainly to view them on my computer. does this seem reasonable?

also, anyone know how the batterylife is on these cameras? do they show up as a removable drive or is additional software needed to transfer photos?

hehe ALSO, some more sample pictures, taken by a Swedish online camera store, hopefully unbiased :P (bottom of the page)

http://www.cyberphoto.se/canon/digital/ixus40.php

clevetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:47 PM   #26
Administrator

clevetus wrote:
Quote:
anyone know when stevesdigicams.com will do a review of the s200/300?

We just got our SD200 and SD300 cameras today so give us a week or two and we'll have some reviews posted for you. They certainly have that Canon-quality feel to them and are slimmer than last year's models with bigger LCD screens. I personally have a S410 that goes everywhere with me and love it!

-Steve

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 3:57 PM   #27

I have got a ixus 40 (sd300 to you in th USA) today.

What a camera. It is slightly thicker but even smaller in dimensions than the Casio Exilm card.

You cannot appreciate the smallness and quality feel untul you hold it.

In my view the pictures are way ahead of the competition including the Pentaxs5i. By way of example, look at Steve's pictures from the S5i in the review. Even though they are pretty good, there seems a lot of noise there to me, for example in the blue skies.

Look at the photos from the sd300 at dcresource. Apart from a bit of purple fringing in one of them, they are brilliant for such a small camera.

For those who think the sd300 (the sd200 is bigger) is only slightly smaller than the old elph cameras (ixus in Europe), wait till you see it in the flesh. it is MUCH smaller.

Absolute quality!
Old Oct 29, 2004, 4:31 AM   #28

yea, i've held an ixus 40 and it is uneblievably small and has a feeling of quality bayond imagination!
clevetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2004, 8:42 AM   #29

My Ixus 40 (sd300) photos are online.

Go to www.ballofdirt.com

Search for me (Paul Holmes), then click on my journals. You can see the Ixus photos full size.

Let me know your views on quality.

Paul Holmes
Old Nov 3, 2004, 12:58 AM   #30
zm

How does the Ixus 40 compare against the Sony W1?

W1 might have more MP but I am not to impressed with image quality.
zm is offline   Reply With Quote