Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:49 AM   #1

Has anybody used 4GB, 8GB Hitachi Mircrodrives for Canon S1 IS? How is the performance of the movie recording? Can someone help me about the speed of CF cards. I've seen 8X CF card and it's written 1.46MB/Second, which won't support S1 movies as it needs atleast 2MB/Second. What is the minimum speed of CF card required for S1 movies? What is the speed for 4GB Microdrive?
aeapen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2004, 8:40 AM   #2

Hi ,I have used the Sandisk Ultra 2 card in the 1 mb size for the last 5 mths and have had excellant performance evan with S1 movie mode.Please be aware that micro drives are inherantly more fragile and have moving parts .Also be aware that max file size on S1 is 1gb ,of course you can just press record button to stop and restart which makes a new file.

the sandisk packaging claims between 9mb sec and 10 mb sec.

Brendon

Brendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 3:14 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply. Why I am looking for 4GB + is though I need to take 4 sessions of movie, I can combine it to a single file later on and I can cut a DVD video of 4GB. I'm very much impressed when Iwrote a sample DVD video with S1 avi files!!! Now I am confused betweenCF II and Microdrives. Is Microdrives that sensitive? How long does it take to transfer 1GB datafrom your CF II to the computer?
aeapen is offline   Reply With Quote