Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 17, 2004, 4:52 PM   #1

Hi.
I was told to try in here since I didn't receive much feedback in the add on lens forum.

I would like to know if any of you haved used the S1 with an add on lens attached?
Here is the link:

:!:http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=36462&forum_id=50:!:
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2004, 6:51 PM   #2

Hi if you go to www.lensmateonline.com who make adapters for the S1 you will find a page with examples of the wide angle lenses including the raynor one .also on dpreview.com canonforum if you search for threads by Tom Hoots he has posted a large number of exampleswith both tele and wide lens.

hope I have been of help Brendon
Brendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 8:44 PM   #3

Hi,

I have the adapter from lensmate. At first I wasn't sure since it does make the camera a little bigger but now that I have gotten used to it, I love the ability to add the polarizing filter in bright sun.

T
Trevortoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:26 PM   #4

I've already checked Lensmate. I like the lens tests for the S1 but I still like to see "None-profit" photographers pics. They I'll show me how an amateur, a semi-pro or a pro handles the camera when the lens is on.:|

So I'm basicly searching for some test photos of the wide angle lens, the macro and tele lens.
I'll take a look at dpreview.:idea:
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 10:17 AM   #5

I have the lensmate attachment and have used both wide angle lenses and closeup lenses with it; works fine for me : the wide angle lens is a Kenko 0.42X; produces a little vignetting (dark areas at the corners), easily corrected by zooming in a little (makes it 0.5X, =19mm at 35mm standards); wide angle pictures attached here; macro in the next messages

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Wide angle pictures (resized only):
Attached Images

samcheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 10:18 AM   #6

wideangle2:
Attached Images

Old Oct 22, 2004, 10:21 AM   #7

macro1: 2 sets of +1,+2,+4 from Hoya (resized only: the coins fill the frame at 2048 x 1536)
Attached Images

Old Oct 22, 2004, 10:22 AM   #8

macro2:
Attached Images

Old Oct 22, 2004, 10:34 AM   #9

Would like to add the following comments:

Suggest you use stitch-assist rather than wide angle lens: gives you a larger picture and less distortion; have compared the two and definitely prefer the panoramas made by the camera with stitch-assist; also saves you carrying additional equipment;

one great advantage of the S1 is this ability to do stitch and to zoom all the way to 32X (including the 3.2X digital zoom); the 32X pictures are much better than those made by many budget 2 or 3X teleconverters;

macro of course is possible down to 4cms from the front of the lens in wide-angle

Cheers!!
Old Nov 1, 2004, 4:08 AM   #10

For Anybody whos interested there is a new thread on dpreview.com canon forum by Richard Higgs containing teleconverter pictures (canon item ) of birds that are quite impressive .Sorry for not posting link as I always make a mess of it.Its called "dslr owner laughed at S1 until he saw bird pics " or something simular.

Brendon
Brendon is offline   Reply With Quote