Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 22, 2004, 11:23 PM   #1

Im looking to buy either the sd300 or the s70... One thing im concerned about is the image quality. It seems to me that the highest resolution avi of the S70 is only 10 fps. This is decent, but not great. Does anyone know for sure what the frame rate of the 640x480 avi on the sd300?

Really what it comes down to is that i know both of these cameras take great photos... they are both canons, but i'm wondering if anyone has any arguments on whether or not to buy one of these over the other.
jrmantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2004, 10:49 AM   #2
rp3

30 or 15, user settable with unlimited recording capacity in both.

the 60 FPS is only on 320x240 and then only for a minute at a time.
rp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2004, 1:32 AM   #3

Is there anything that would make someone want to buy the sd300 over the sd200 other than MP?
jrmantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 12:46 PM   #4

Not really. In fact the SD200 is 15 grams lighter and has a slightly faster consecutive shot mode because of the fact that the filesizes are smaller than a 4 Megapixel image.

With 3 megapixels, you're more than comfortable taking 4x6 or even 8x10 prints. The only other consideration is that if you are someone that likes to crop their pictures and then print them, you might want the extra resolution that 4 MPs offer you; however, given that you can always take one more picture if you mess up a shot, I don't think that the extra MP is worth $ 100 more. SD200s are selling now for around $ 275 (check out www.jr.com, for instance - Amazon.com also comes close) and SD300s will start retailing around the $ 400 mark in November, it seems (although some retailers on the web already claim to have it in stock, I doubt it).

I just ordered an SD200, usually would've gone for the higher megapixels, but for a camera that's not the one I'd use for artistic shots (much prefer film for those) a 3 MP should be enough.
Surnish is offline   Reply With Quote