Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 6, 2004, 12:14 PM   #1

I have set up a website at one of the blog servers; contains photos taken with the Canon S1 as well as some from my older camera Olympus C3000z; here is the url:

http://samcherian.blogharbor.com

Comments and boquets (or brickbats!!) are always welcome and much appreciated.

The album "Egypt" was taken with the Olympus 3000z; the others with the Canon S1.

Cheers!!

samcheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2004, 9:49 PM   #2

You have a good site... looks like we have an artist couple :bye:

You need to post bigger pics. The ones you have are probably ideal for people at 640x480 resolution but those at 1024x768 (and higher) need something bigger. Maybe you should do it so that when someone clicks on it, it goes to a larger image... although, the smaller images load better for people with low-bandwidth, like me

It's hard for me to tell if the pics are good or bad because the pics are too small on my screen (1024x768). I'm just a newbie so I don't know if my opinion matters anyway I think you have good scenes (you capture very good scenary). The outdoor pics look good from what I can tell but the low-light (dusk? dawn?) Vancouver pic looks soft with a lot of noise (I think this is the weakness of the Canon S1 IS).

If you don't mind sharing your EXIF info, it might be better to resize the JPEG without losing the EXIF info. I always like looking at the details of the pics to get some ideas for myself and to provide suggestions...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2004, 10:13 PM   #3

One thing that I'm looking forward to, when I get my Canon S1 IS, is making panoramas. Since you seem to be shooting a lot of nature scenes, you might want to try creating some panoramas. They seem cool :|
Old Nov 7, 2004, 3:16 PM   #4

Thank you for taking the trouble to visit my website and giving me your views; they are appeciated and taken note of; so much so that I have decided to move to Pbase which gives much better facilities including display of different sizes of the pictures as well as the exif info. The site is under construction and I will let you have the url as soon as I have finished the initial work on it; what you said about panoramas is noted and I will try to post some of the panoramas I have taken

Thanx again
Old Nov 7, 2004, 5:59 PM   #5

Yeah, pbase seems like its best for posting pics. I don't know if I want to spend the money for it (I know, I know, it's only a little bit but I'm cheap ) but it is definitely geared towards amateur photographers... I might open up an account with them after I get my camera... hmm... anyone know of any other competitors I should be looking at?

Old Nov 9, 2004, 2:32 PM   #6

Got my site up at Pbase: http://www.pbase.com/samcheri

PBase is probably the best site to show your photos; uploading and arranging galleries is much easier than my previous site; is only $23 per year for 200MB (more than I will ever use!)

Please have a look and let me have your comments

Thanx
Old Nov 12, 2004, 5:55 PM   #7

not bad... how do you like your S1 so far? How is it performing in low-light or telephoto?
Old Nov 13, 2004, 1:45 AM   #8

I like the S1 but it has problems: the small lcd is one thing and low-light focussing is a problem also; most pictures need some post-processing; the last is not bad since I somewhat enjoy fooling around with the photos on the computer; thanx for your interest and comments