Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 27, 2004, 11:23 PM   #1

I've had my sd300 for a few days now and have taken about 100 photos and 10 or so movies. My initial impression is that it's a nice camera in every way except in photo consistency. I get a lot of blurry shots. I'm not sure if this is because of bad focus or because I move when I hold it (or the subject moves). The colors seem good to me.. As mentioned in some reviews, I do detect a little "softness" at the edges of the shots, but it's nothing that bothers me unless the whole shot is fuzzy. I mostly take snapshots so I'm quite happy with 4x6 prints. But it seems that about 1/3 of my shots with this camera are too blurry even for 4x6 prints.

Everything else about the camera is great: size, ease of use (menus), usb2, cheap media, speed etc. But I'm considering returning it because where it counts most it seems to be failing me.

Just my .02 for folks that are considering this camera.

If you have any suggestions, by all means, let me know. I'd love to keep it.
photobub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2004, 8:37 AM   #2
Administrator

Have you changed your camera settings in any way? For example, did you turn off the flash?

If so, then you'll get blurry photos indoors with almost any compact camera model (because the shutter speeds will be too slow to prevent motion blur from camera shake or subject movement).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2004, 5:13 PM   #3

I use the flash. But I did find an ISO adjustment, so I'm going to try to speed up the exposure that way and see if it helps.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

M
photobub is offline   Reply With Quote