Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 4, 2004, 5:36 AM   #11

Another view!
(I don't know how toadd 2 or more pictures in one post! Can anyone help?)
Attached Images

Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 3:19 PM   #12

Unfortunately I don't think you can post multiple pics in one msg

Thanks to all of you posting pics of your bags and commenting on them...

It looks like all of you prefer a slightly larger bag, rather than a tight small bag...hmm...I was hoping to go with a tight small one since I can put that in my work bag. I don't think the larger ones fit in my bag. I think you pretty much have to carry the larger ones externally as another bag...hmm...I can see the benefit of a larger bag though. You can carry extra batteries or possibly the USB cable (which I never thought of, but would come in handy if you want to hook it up to a PC at work or at a friend's place)...

hmm... decisions... decisions... agonizing over a CAN$30 bag decision seems idiotic
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 12:58 PM   #13

I use the Tamrac 5693, but I'm not too sure if it's weatherproof (it looks better in real):

http://www.tamrac.com/5693.htm

$19.99USD at Amazon.com

sgajraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2004, 9:41 PM   #14

Finally got some bag... I decided to get a bigger bag. In fact, it is much bigger than what I thought I would get. The smaller tight ones just didn't seem right. I'm not sure if squeezing the camera into them is a good idea--especially when the lens cap falls off easily....so I decided to get a somewhat large bag..

I got Case Logic DC73 for CAN$25 (approx. US$15 to US$20). It's not as good as the equivalent Lowepro one (that one costs around CAN$40) but seems ok. It's made of some cheap leather-like material and is supposed to be weather-resistant (hopefully weather resistant is the same as water proof :O ). It's pure black so the style sucks but oh well...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2004, 6:21 PM   #15

how about this bag for S1 anyone? It retails in amazon for 19.99 USD. I am a new and proud owner of S1 by the way just ordered it but not recvd it yet. any tips will be useful like memory card to buy etc..
Attached Images

anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2004, 8:12 PM   #16

Bought Samsonite bag at Walmart for $8. Not sure if waterproof but slick nylon type. It has zip compartment that hold 6 compact flash cards. Another zip compartment that holds 24 AA batteries. Then an unzipped compartment for cable or used batteries. It is only apprx. 4" x 7" x 7" & with above gear can still get camera with lens adapter with filter on itin (lens down). It has a shoulder strap or strap can be removed & worn on belt.
jimr503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2004, 11:07 PM   #17

If you want to reset settings to default, turn camera on either record or playback. Then press the menu button for longer than 5 seconds. "Reset settings to default?" should appear on screen. Select okay with arrows & press set.
jimr503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:17 AM   #18

jimr thanks for the tip about the bag. I'll check it out at walmart once i get the camera. Also, I'll remember to reset to default. Should i also format the memory card in the camera before taking pics? or should I do that in my pc??
anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:28 PM   #19

Most all camera instrutions say format the card in the camera, not the computer.
waltm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 12:48 PM   #20

I found a very nice bag for this camera at Best Buy. The camera fits in the bag well and there are some small compartments for extra batteries and CF cards. I can't remember the make, but it had a yellow, adjustable lining on the inside.
reelfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote