Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 1, 2004, 11:02 PM   #1

I cannot figure out how to open up my Canon s70 RAW files in CS. The Adobe website does not list the s70 as supported -- but how different is the RAW format from the s60 (which is supported)?

If CS does not support my camera, does anyone know of a quality software product that does (i.e., something better than the junk included with the camera)?
holdtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:41 AM   #2

Photoshop CS can access the RAW image files captured with the Canon S70 camera. I just received the S70 as a Christmas gift and encountered a problem when trying to access the CRW files with Photoshop CS. After some Internet research I found that I had to download an update to the Adobe website (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=2682). This is the "Camera Raw 2.4 beta" update. Once downloaded, follow the installation instructions that are listed on that same page. Afterward you won't have any problem accessing the CRW files.
wageslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:14 PM   #3

thanks for the reply -- I had forgotten that I had even posted this question. I figured it out after calling Adobe; they were actually quite helpful.
holdtheline is offline   Reply With Quote