Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 28, 2002, 7:09 PM   #1

Default s230 vs s30

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to return my S30 (30 day return policy) and pick up the S230.... If I knew I could take just as nice pics with the S230, my decision would be easier.( I really love the size of it...really pocket sized.
The 3x zoom on the S30 is kind of hard to pass up on though.
And the bells and whistles..ie; voice memo, fully manual. etc.

I wish they'd come out with a 3.2mp, 3x zoom elph already!
Anyone hear anything on that?
daveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2002, 10:32 PM   #2

If you want a point and shoot camera with less total control of the picture get the s230. But if you like tinkering with options (like me) keep the S30.S30 is one helluva camera.
NickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2002, 8:00 PM   #3

Default Re; s230 vs s30 issue

thanks for the reply...I like tinkering with the manual settings but i must tell you that i returned the S30 and i think i'll wait a bit... I see prices coming down pretty fast and some new models coming out... I still have a hard on for the elf but I'm holding back....
I still have my trusty ol' Minolta SRT 101 (yup ol' betsy....35mm ain't dead yet) that i can still tinker with in the meantime...
daveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2002, 4:23 AM   #4

I just sold my Kodak DC3400, that camera took great pictures for me but I'm moving onto a new S230. At first, it was a toss up between the original S100 and DC3400. I opted for better picture quality, but bigger camera size.

Now with the S230, you have the small size of the elph, plus MUCH improved picture quality. Even better, videos with sound...and 3 megapixel! The S230 is exactly what I've been waiting for...so here I come!

Originally I was going to purchase either an S30/S40...but I would rather buy the S230 and have the newer digic processor. The extra manual functions would be nice, however I am more of a point and shoot for the moment type of person.
Gdog123 is offline   Reply With Quote