Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 15, 2004, 11:43 PM   #1

Hi, I have a Canon Powershot A60, and I've tried without success to undelete some files from memory card. All program utilities I've tried demand that conection PC-camera to be disk drive-like, and my camera isn't listed like a new drive, is listed as a device. If someone knows a solution please post it to me.

Thanks a lot, bye!:|
soryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2004, 12:30 AM   #2

I know of 2 ways to delete pictures from the memory card. By using the camera or by softwares. Using the camera, however, for your A60 means you have to delete them 1 by 1. Software utilities offers more flexibilities. Now, you did mentioned that it seems that your PC cannot detect your camera (or memory card), here are some things that I think may contribute to the problem:
  • cable, you may have a defective USB cable[/*]
  • USB version, you may have the wrong USB drivers installed or your OS does not support USB[/*]
  • camera, you might need to set the camera to "view picture mode" in order to access your memory card[/*]
  • memory card, you might have a defective CFC[/*]
  • camera, you might have a defective camera, maybe the port has a problem
[/*]
You can easily detemine which of these are your problem by trying to access the camera on another PC. Hope that helps.
...ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 1:27 AM   #3

get a CompactFlash card reader and take the card out of your camera and into this drive.

your computer will reconize it as Removable Storage, much like a external harddrive

this should fix u up
lemondster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 5:57 PM   #4

Does the camera show up in windows explorer at all?

(Start explorer by using "WindowsKey-E" combo - that is hold down the windows logo key and tap the "e" key. Or click Start button, then Run, then type "explorer" without the quotes and hit enter).

Does the camera show up with a drive letter? (It will appear right after your CD device, most likely)

nullshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 9:02 AM   #5

Maybe you can use a card reader or something. I'm really out of touch with software that help us recover deleted files these days.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 11:38 PM   #6

...ben wrote:
Quote:
I know of 2 ways to delete pictures from the memory card. By using the camera or by softwares.
The problem was not to delete, but to UNDELETE. The camera is properly recognized by the computer, but the camera driver was made in such way that camera is recognized as a device, not a microdrive, I can only do 2 things: copy or delete pictures, not paste. No other software works with this stuborn camera. The driveris very primitive;(
soryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 1:54 PM   #7

You must use a card-reader. About the program check:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/digsoftware_utils.html
Adwulf is offline   Reply With Quote