Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 19, 2004, 5:07 PM   #1

With my G6, each time I turn my camera back on I have to reset the settings I've put into "C1" or "C2." Shouldn't the settings be maintained? What newbie mistake am I making to not keep these settings set? Thanks in advance - your help is much appreciated.
tvsmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2004, 6:24 PM   #2

I'm not sure...but I 'think' that my G6 loses it's memory as well once I take the battery out. For example, I thought that I had set the camera to take 1600x1200 photos. But after reloading the battery....I found that the setting had gone back to maximum resolution. I sure hope that this isn't what is supposed to happen, and I will go check again later to see. If it really does happen, then it's a complete no-brainer. I will check though.

--

Ok...I just checked. I took the battery out for only 10 seconds, and the settings remained the same. So I have no idea why the settings reverted back to the highest resolution setting that I noticed before. I'll have to keep my eye on it, and see what happens when I pull the battery out for a longer time.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 9:34 PM   #3

With my camera (I just checked again), if I dial in particular settings in C2 for instance like "RAW," "ISO 100," etc., it'll take a picture with those settings - but if I then switch to C1 and back to C2, I see it drop right back to the default settings. Is there some trick to keeping those settings, something I'm not doing? Do you have to press some key to "lock in" these settings to memory?
Old Dec 21, 2004, 2:04 AM   #4

Turn the mode dial to C1 or C2 and click menu and put in the settings you want. When finished go all the way to the end of the record menu and click on save settings(right click 4 way dial)you'll be asked if you want to save as C1 or C2 click set.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2004, 9:40 AM   #5

Thanks much for the reply. I found that if I turn your directions slightly sideways I can make the camera remember my settings. I turned the dial to C2, clicked "func" and changed a couple of things (ISO to 100, etc), then clicked menu, went to save settings (andsaved like you said, to "C2") then bam! it finally remembered the stuff. Not very intuitive, maybe I missed this in the manual somewhere. But I do love this camera, so no big deal.

Anyway - thanks all for the help.

And nice horses - I've got a few myself.

Keith