Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 22, 2004, 12:58 AM   #1

Ihave a canon A75. My memory card was full so I uploaded all the images to my computer and clear my memory card. Now, I want to add some of those photos back to my memory card. I have a usb card reader/writer so I used that to copy some of the images back to the card. But, my camera says incompatible jpeg format. I have no idea what's wrong. I never changed the images...it was only a minute ago that I transferred them... please tell me what I can do to fix this..thanks
Tiger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2004, 12:36 PM   #2

For anyone interested, I found a solution to my problem....

I tried to put images back into the right folders but nothing worked....Then I found out that the software that came with my Canon A75 called ZoomBrowserEX has a uploading function and it worked. However, I realized that it worked fine for pictures taken horizontally. The images I originally were trying to transfer were taken vertically so I got an error saying that they were either modified or in the wrong orientation. Therefore, I rotated the vertical photo to become a horizontal one and tried uploading that and it worked!!!! I guess my computer automatically changed the orientation of the photos to vertical which caused the problem. Anyways, that's the solution for anyone interested.......
Old Dec 24, 2004, 7:37 PM   #3

How come you want to put the images back onto the card anyhow?
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 2:17 AM   #4

Sometimes uploading the pictures back to thememory cardis an easy alternative to carry those pics for downloading into another PC. Like for example, taking them to the photoshop for printing. Or just being practical by using the memory card as a substitute for a flash card or removable harddisk. But that's just me.
...ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 8:26 AM   #5

That's true ..very true. I was trying to say, why upload the images back to the card in order to get them to show up on the camera again.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 8:12 PM   #6

well...I had no reason why iwanted to upload photos back to my digital camera...just curious about how to do it!!! hahaha..... :idea:

well, sometimes it's good to show peoplethe digital pics i took...ie..to people who I don't really know good enough to email pics to them (ie. a friend's friend who might ask about my trip, occasion, etc..) or people who don't have email (ie. my grandma), or just to those anxious people who can't wait before the digital pics are developed/printed.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 8:34 AM   #7

hahahaha. I see. I was only kidding anyhow. Of course you may have had a reason to do that. Sometimes, if you go on a trip or holiday and you haven't got a computer, but have your camera with you, then sometimes you may want to store pictures of people that are close to you etc on the camera, so that you can view the pictures and things. Nice to see how you worked out how to get the images back on there though. Your information may really help others in the future, so it's great how you mentioned it. Nice one.