Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 26, 2004, 6:41 PM   #1

When I view the pictures taken on my Powershot S50's LCD display, they look great.

But when I connect the camera to my computer and view them through ZoomBrowser EX, the pictures are much darker (thus eliminating much of the fine details of the original picture) and tend to have a yellow tint to them. The quality of the downloaded pictures are the same as the ones I see in ZoomBrowser EX.

Have any of you noticed this? And if yes, would you know why this happens? Thanks so much.
dcuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2004, 11:05 AM   #2

Do your downloaded pictures look ok in any other browser? ..eg acdsee, microsoft picture viewer etc etc?
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 11:50 AM   #3

I don't have any problems with my ZoomBrowser, maybe u should do as Kenny suggested and see what its like using another program and if its still bad, then I suggest printing 1 picture which looks particularly bad. If the picture no longer is bad, then it probably is your monitor which needs to be adjusted.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:25 AM   #4

Hi Kenny, thanks for the advice. Iopened these pictures on another computer (and another browser) and the picture looked much better. That led me to conclude that ZoomBrowser is not the problem and that Nicolas was right about the monitor needing to be adjusted. Thanks so much for the help - I really appreciate it as this had been bothering me for a while.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:26 AM   #5

Hi Nicolas, thanks so much - you hit it right on!